Our tanks are sealed with a prefabricated Varnamo EPDM Elastoseal H® synthetic membrane, which is fitted to the tank's size, with a designed life of 30 years and an estimated life of 50 years!
Why should you bet on EPDM?
- EPDM is a synthetic caoutchouc (rubber) from the group of elastomers. It is a homogeneous, chemically stable material that does not contain plasticizers - substances that cause flexibility, e.g. membranes made of PVC foil can migrate, leach and evaporate over time, adversely changing the properties of these materials, causing their stiffness, which can lead to leakage.
- The flexibility of EPDM membranes, which is very important for the insulation of tanks, is the result of a special molecular structure. Thanks to it, we do not observe stiffening of the EPDM membrane over time.
- EPDM is a chemically inert material, i.e. after its vulcanization no chemical processes changing its properties take place in it.
- No components are released into the environment, which is confirmed by the certificate of neutrality for the aquatic environment and the approval of the National Institute of Hygiene for use in drinking water tanks.
- The EPDM membrane is thermostable and retains its flexibility and strength in a wide temperature range, i.e. from - 40ºC to + 120ºC, therefore it is possible to safely install the membrane even at very low temperatures.
- Due to its chemical homogeneity, the EPDM membrane is much more resistant to the phenomenon of atmospheric aging (EPDM is resistant to ozone, UV radiation, most of the aggressive chemicals and microorganisms) than other commonly used waterproofing materials.
- EPDM has the so-called shape memory - after stretching to 300%, the material returns to its original shape and dimensions.
THE MEMBRANE INSTALLED BY JRTECH IS OF HIGHEST QUALITY AND MAINTAINS THE REQUIRED PARAMETERS, WHICH PROVIDES VERY HIGH EFFICIENCY DURING TIGHTNESS TESTS AND LONG-TERM WATERPROOFING SERVICE LIFE !!!
Prefabricated EPDM membrane:
The EPDM membrane is prepared under production conditions. Thanks to prefabrication, all material parameters and the performed welds of elements can be constantly controlled. Maintaining the appropriate prefabrication parameters affects the quality of the final product. Before being packed, the membrane is subject to a detailed quality control and arrives at the construction site as a ready-to-install product. The prefabricated membrane significantly reduces installation time of the tank, enables installation even in severe frosts, increases the effectiveness of leak tests, eliminating all problems that may occur during the execution of the membrane at the construction site, as is the case with PVC membranes.