Tank wall insulation
We offer two variants of tank jacket insulation: internal and external.
Forinternal insulation, JRtech uses XPS boards, the so-called styrodur, usually with a thickness of min. 40 mm. For chosing styrodur speak its unique properties, which include:
- exceptional hardness and resistance to pressure - styrodur is characterized by a low degree of deflection, even with prolonged exposure to high water column;
- very good hygroscopic conditions - low water absorption;
- very good insulating properties;
- low flammability - class B1 according to DIN 4102-1, class E according to EN 13501-1;
- no harmful dust produced during mechanical processing;
- high application temperature limit.
Styrodur is the undisputed leader among polystyrene insulations. Effectively insulates and protects the EPDM membrane from touching the steel walls of the tank.
The second option is to make the outer insulation out of mineral wool, adjusting the thermal parameters to customer's requirements and clad from the outside with trapezoidal sheet metal in RAL colors available on the market.
Roof insulation is made of sandwich panels. Roof sandwich panels with a core of mineral wool, polystyrene or PIR. Roof panels with a covering width of 1150 mm allow for simple and quick assembly of the roof to the tank structure using appropriate pass-through fasteners. Properly planned and profiled tongue-and-groove locks ensure very good tightness and quick assembly. The external cladding of the panels is made of steel sheet with a thickness of 0.5 mm and covered with metallic and organic coatings.
Tank insulation is extremely important for choosing the power of electric heaters to prevent freezing of the water surface. The tank loses the most heat through the water surface (roof). Building a well-insulated tank reduces these losses, which allows the use of smaller heaters and reduces the costs of tank operation in the period of low external temperatures.